Where you located and do you travel?
– Kristi Telnov Photography is covering Pittsburgh and surrounding areas. Occasionally I do destinations weddings (mostly Philadelphia, NYC).
What services do you provide?
- I am a full time photographer, specializing in weddings. Most of my wedding couples also book an engagement or boudoir session with me.
- I also offer custom family photography as well as maternity sessions in Pittsburgh area only. Those are mostly my returning brides and grooms, but I am also open to new clients!
- I assist my wedding clients with structuring the best timeline for their wedding, choosing locations for the photos, design canvases and wedding albums.
- I teach wedding photography intermediate/advance level. You are welcome to contact me if you are interested in the beginner program as well, I would be able to recommend great teachers and workshops.
Do you carry insurance?
- Yes, I carry liability, omissions and errors and equipment insurances. Please let me know if your venues needs a copy of my certification.
What’s your photography style
- Most people characterize my images as snapshots from movies: dynamic, atmospheric, emotional
- Capturing connection between couple and their loved ones is all it’s all about for me. I tend to focus on moments and emotions, but I still believe there’s a time and place for traditional posed images
- I have a little bit of fashion/glamour flare in my images
- I am often creating “drama” in my images by using different lighting techniques
- I prefer “clean” colors and editing style that will stand the test of time.. The colors of my images comes from my work with light as opposed to filters/presets in post-production.
What’s your experience/education?
I’ve been wedding photographer for 8 years now and I can honestly say I am so happy this is the life path I’m on. I’m absolutely in love with my job and I really hope it is seen through my images. I’ve been constantly educating myself through photography workshops, seminars, one-one-one mentoring, and etc. For the last 4 years I’ve been teaching wedding photography myself.
Your sessions seem to be fully styled. Who helps with it
Raised by a fashion designer, I have a passion for fashion and enjoy helping my couples choosing the outfits for their session. Once your session is booked, I send the detailed styling guide. I help couples to choose the wardrobe from what they have as well as provide links on where and what to buy/rent if needed. I believe you can find great options for everyone and in any price range.
I also partner with bridal boutique and sometimes able to provide outfits for my sessions.
Do you do styled shoot?
- No. Even though it’s a trend now to work with models and professional vendors to create beautiful images for the portfolio, I believe that being able to create a work of art with “real” couples in real conditions is what sets me apart. I have no models in my portfolio and last time I did TFP shoot for my portfolio was in 2010 while learning manual setting on my camera.
- I am a wedding photographer for real couples, who is most likely the first time in front of professional camera and needs help to relax and some directions.
How did you get started in wedding photography?
What inspires you?
- Raw genuine emotions, moments and human connection
- Good movies and music
- Fashion and art
How to we receive our wedding or session images?
- I provide edited high-resolution JPEG files for you to download. Those images may be used for personal use only.
- Also, all of my wedding packages have credits for professionally printed images and most of my packages have either coffee table books or premium flush mount albums.
Do we have a right to make our own prints?
- Yes. The contract acts as a written release that will allow you to make unlimited personal prints and copies for your friends and families.
What is the cost of your services.
- Please email me at email@example.com with your date and location or give me a call 412-378-4243.
Do you have reviews?
- Yes, I welcome you to have a look at the testimonials page you can find here as well as Google Reviews
How do I secure my wedding date with you?
- To be fair to everyone I can’t reserve a date without a retainer ($1,000). I accept bookings on a first come/first served basis.
Do you have a back-up?
- Yes, and the back-up for the back-up! When you’re photographing a wedding day and you only have one shot at it, you have to make sure you have back-ups of everything: equivalent camera bodies, lenses, lighting accessories, memory cards, batteries, flashes. I’m also utilize camera with dual memory cards in case one goes bad.
Are you the ideal wedding photographer for me?
Yes and no, it really depends on your preferences. Couples who book me often describe their search for wedding photographer as “we didn’t want cookie-cutter wedding photos..” For my clients having natural, yet elegant (!) photos is the top priority when it comes to wedding photography.
When couples are deciding what photographer is the best for their big day, it’s crucial to go through at least 10 weddings, each containing 100-150 images in addition to the wedding portfolio. Best 15-20 photos from a single wedding would not give you a good understanding what kind of product you will get from your wedding at the end. You can view samples of the weddings 100-150 + on my blog.
What’s in you camera bag?
I shoot exclusively with Nikon professional gear:
How long does it take to have our images back?
Typically, I provide sneak peek within a week on social media. The blog post and downloadable gallery will be available within 3-8 weeks after the wedding, depending on the season.
I am so grateful to have shared and captured some of the most important days in people’s lives. If you are on my website because you are looking for someone to capture your story, or are a photographer looking for a mentor, or just came to look at pretty photos, welcome!